“The ultimate measure of a person is not where they stand in moments of comfort and convenience, but where they stand at in times of challenge and controversy.” -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
As entrepreneurs, we are leaders, plain and simple. We cannot stand idly by while the world suffers around us. We’ve leveraged our innovation and courage to disrupt our industries and lead successful organizations, then banded together with a like-minded tribe of leaders to solidify and build on those gains. The work of justice is calling us to do the same and will require no less of us. Thank you for joining us in this part of the battlefield. Here are some resources and tools to help along the way:
- Innovation and Disruption for Good: Using Our Entrepreneur Superpowers to Fight for Justice presentation
- Ben & Jerry’s co-founder and a Black entrepreneur on ways leaders can stand against racism
- Entrepreneurship and Social Justice in India
- One business’ call to its partners to stand for justice
- Malik’s blog: “Four Lessons the Struggle for Racial Equity has taught Us”
- Malik’s blog: “Don’t abandon your part of the battlefield!”