Below is a list of frequently asked questions.
Trainings and Workshops
We offer a wide variety of training and workshops. Our workshops focus on the Akoben Core Concepts:
For more information, visit the pages above.
Our trainings and workshops typically take place at the following:
- Human Service Agencies
- Community Organizations
Our team is comfortable with working with staff across the wide variety of fields and settings. We have conducted trainings throughout the United States and internationally.
All of our trainings are led personally by a Lead or Core Akoben Team Member. We are currently exploring opportunities for webinars and hybrid formats.
Our trainings typically run for either half-day or a full day. We can modify training content for our clients to fit into 60 minute, 90 minute and multiple-day formats.
Yes. The majority of our projects with organizations are for trainings covering multiple topics across 6 – 12 months. While we have held single-event trainings, organizations often prefer to work with us in several areas over a longer period of time to deepen the training and results with their staff.
Our fees vary based on a number of factors. The Akoben lead team works with our clients to develop powerful training experiences within budget.
Our workshops are developed by the Akoben lead team, so we have the ability to customize and combine topics, where appropriate, to meet the needs of your organization, agency or school.
Our training and workshop participants can expect to see results like:
- Improved staff/student/client relationships
- Reduction in punitive discipline
- Narrowing of the achievement and discipline gap
- Higher quality engagement, service delivery, teaching and learning
- Improved self-esteem and confidence in staff and clients/students
- Decreased utilization of crisis-based services
- Creating trauma-informed, culturally relevant and responsive environments
We believe that only 10% of the work is done in the training…the other 90% is done in the field amongst those that our participant’s serve. The following links can provide more data on the types of outcomes that can come out of Akoben trainings:
- Restorative Practices:
- Trauma-Informed Care:
- Cultural Relevancy:
- Assets and Agency:
Consultations and Coaching
Akoben consultation and coaching sessions are customized services provided for agencies and organizations. Here is a general breakdown of how the sessions are structured:
- Pre-session preparation
- Onsite brief launch meeting
- One on ones with core team members
- Live coaching with targeted staff members
- Small-group coaching
- Debrief and strategy meeting with key leadership team
Akoben coaching and consultation sessions are usually scheduled for a half –day or full day session. These sessions are designed to run inside a typical day within the client’s organization, led by the assigned Akoben team member. For our clients with multiple sites, we have developed creative options for group coaching and consultation with system-wide team leaders.
Keynotes and Speaking
Our fees vary based on a number of factors. We work with our clients to develop powerful training experiences within budget.