Yasmeen Davis has worked in education for nine years, serving students, families, staff and administrators in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Baltimore. During this time, she had the opportunity to provide training, data analysis, advocacy, fiscal support, and grant management services to various schools, specifically those that were persistently under performing. In her position as Project Manager for Pursuing Equitable Restorative Communities, Ms. Davis coordinated Restorative Practices implementation across 22 district schools, placing a specific emphasis on instruction in the following areas:
- Social emotional learning
- Trauma-sensitive practices
As an RP Practioner, Ms. Davis enjoys conducting trainings on intergroup dynamics, equity and shame management. Ms. Davis holds a Bachelor’s degree in Sociology and Master’s degree in Social and Public policy from Duquesne University.
- Ms. Davis supports Akoben by providing trainings and consultation
- Ms Davis has been with Akoben since 2018
- In her spare time, Ms Davis loves reading, hiking, and trying to keep up with her twin nephews and dog.